When you get to midlife bucket lists become a big thing.
Suddenly everyone’s talking about the things they’ve never done that they want to do (or never want to do) or places they want to go (or are happy to never see).
And once you start sharing and comparing these lists, you start to realise that people have an odd assortment of things on their bucket (and non-bucket) lists.
The most interesting though are the things people have never done. They might be things you assumed everyone would have done or things you would never want to do in a million years.
The following is a few random things I confess to that I’ve never done and don’t intend to start now or any time in the future.
Don’t judge me, but…
- I have never watched Games of Thrones or Breaking Bad or a Tarantino movie or the Godfather. I just don’t like violence or find blood and gore entertaining.
- I have never gone snorkelling or scuba diving. Just the thought of it makes me hyperventilate.
- I have never read a Bronte novel. But I love Jane Austen.
- I have never owned a cat. There’s just something about them that makes me uneasy.
- I have never eaten snails or frogs legs or any local delicacy. My love of food only extends to the identifiable or the familiar.
- I have never jumped off a diving board. Or done anything too adventurous or extreme in the sporting realm.
- I have never used a sewing machine. And can barely thread a needle or mend a sock.
- I have never liked the beach. Mostly because of the sand, sunburn and the unseen things that sting you.
Let’s keep it clean, but what have you never, ever done?